When you are clear on your personal core values it's like you have handrails through the journey called life. When the journey gets tough, when you find yourself stuck on the path, or indecisive in a junction, it's your personal core values that will get you unstuck and allow you to move forward with integrity, and an authenticity grounded in what's deeply important to you.
This 30+ page full color e-book contains all you need to explore, identify and articulate your core values – both the theory and the tools!
- Definitions and explanations of belief, value, attitude, and behaviour.
- Explanation and examples of the relationship between belief, value, attitude and behaviour.
- Explanation of how our mind works and why this is important to understanding yourself.
- A 5 step process to identify, rank and articulate your core values (with work sheets).
- Example of the output of the exercise that you can use to create your own reminder to be honest to your core values.
PART ONE will introduce the relevant concepts, the terminology and explain how it all relates to each other.
This part aim at giving you a little context to the exercises in Part 2 and to anchor your own values in deeper understanding to better discuss and reflect on personal core values in every day life.
After going through part 1 you’ll be able to answer questions like:
- What does ‘personal core value’ actually mean?
- What’s the difference between my values and my beliefs?
- How did my values form?
- How do my values impact my life choices?
- How do my values impact my behaviour?
PART TWO of this book requires you to roll up your sleeves and do some work. It’s also the part that will give you enormous value, some say an epiphany, if you do it properly. If you do the exercises of this book as instructed you will by the last page have a one-pager of your core values, in hierarchal order and articulated so each of them resonate deeply with you as guiding principles on your onward journey in life.
- Framing your mind by reflecting on happiness and fulfilment.
- Identifying your personal core values
- Challenging your personal core values
- Prioritising your personal core values
- Articulating your personal core values
Each step has 1-3 exercises to guide you through the process of unravelling which values you must honour to be happy.
ABOUT FREDRIK LYHAGEN
I had a fast career in international corporate IT. From the outside it looked as if I was on top the of world, 30 and a bit years old, leading a sales team of 65 people in the coolest IT company at the time.
However, on the inside my heart was crying and as kept pushing myself to fulfil other people's expectations I hit the the infamous wall shortly after my daughter was born.
That's almost 15 years ago now and it was the start of my journey towards living life on my own terms.
Since then I've co-founded and sold a company, I've done more international corporate IT work, and for the last 5 years I've worked as a leadership consultant and executive coach helping primarily large international companies.
I'm now bringing my experience to you. It's an amazing feeling to work with something that's deeply meaningful to me - helping others live their full potential.